Thursday, September 10, 2009

in Africa

Hi everyone - sorry for the delay in a blog update but....

internet access in Africa SUCKS! And it's soooo slow! There's no way I can even upload a single picture into my blog because of that. But we have been having a great time. We've seen so many animals - giraffe, hippos, lions, elephants, crocs, rhinos, gazelle, warthogs, baboons, you name it. Pretty much everything except leopards.

We've also have seen some great landscapes and visited a few bustling towns. In fact, we're in Zanzibar - the spice island - as I write this.

As soon as I get to a place with faster internet I'll try to post a proper blog entry. But that could be a challenge as my memory stick is starting to misbehave. Sure hope I can get my pics out of it! Oh, and my Olympus "Tough" camera - ya - it doesn't work any more. "tough" camera indeed! Maybe I can get it fixed in the next big city (which will be Nairobi, Kenya). Until then I just bought a cheap film camera and I'll have to get the pics developed and then scanned into digital form for sharing. And I'll need to as we're coming up to the fantastic Ngorongoro crater, and to the Serengeti in the next few days!

No comments: